New Jersey’s largest research university with campuses in Camden, Newark, and New Brunswick, and research and clinical locations across the state.
- 585,500+ living alumni with more than half living in New Jersey
- 2.1 million annual patient visits to Rutgers Health practices, clinics, and community health centers statewide
- New Jersey’s sole land-grant institution with academic, outreach, and extension services in all 21 counties
At Rutgers, size is strength: 29 schools, 150+ undergraduate majors, and 400+ graduate programs
- 67,0600+ undergraduate and graduate students across Rutgers
- 82% of students are New Jersey residents
- 19,000+ Rutgers students earn their degrees each year
Committed to research and development driven by a relentless pursuit of excellence, Rutgers exceeds all New Jersey colleges and universities in R&D expenditures.
- $872.9 million in research grants and sponsored programs (FY22)
- 300+ research centers and institutes, New Jersey’s most extensive and diversified network of laboratories
- 1,197+ active issued worldwide patents (FY22)
Rutgers generates $7 for New Jersey’s economy for every $1 of state investment.
- Supporting 58,000 jobs in the state through direct and indirect spending
- #4 - Rutgers is the fourth-largest non-governmental employer in New Jersey
- 1,300+ clinical providers in 50+ towns and 16 counties
Rutgers Is a Leader in Health Care
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences conducts research, trains health professionals, and provides patient care through our Rutgers Health practice, New Jersey's sole academic health care provider organization.
- 2.1 million annual patient visits to Rutgers Health practices
- 450+ clinical trials in process at any time
- Phase 3 clinical trial site for leading COVID-19 vaccines
- 1st saliva diagnostic test for COVID-19 was developed at Rutgers
- $5 million NIH grant to expand COVID-19 testing for New Jersey’s underserved
Rutgers Is What Excellence Looks Like
Standing among the nation's leading research universities, Rutgers is acclaimed for the excellent achievements of our people and for their contributions to society in the pursuit of education, research, and health care.